Joinery Manufacturer and Cabinet Makers for over 36 years
T J Ross is a family run business with dad, Martin and son, Alyn working together with a team of highly skilled joiners and cabinet makers and fantastic customer service staff.
We use our skills to create bespoke joinery work and cabinets just for you by taking wood in its natural form, hairy wood as we call it, and working with it until it becomes a thing of enduring beauty you and your family just can't help but touch.
If you would like to see us ‘in action’ or view some samples, you're more than welcome to visit us in our Strathmiglo workshop.
We work with customers across Fife, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Perth, customers who want more than a run of the mill window, door, skylight, bookcase or wardrobe. We work with customers who want to invest in their homes and create beautiful rooms or heirlooms for future generations.
From apprentices to cabinet makers
Each and every one of our joiners joined the company as an apprentice. With our very strong ethos on training our apprentices become highly skilled bench hand joiners, learning their craft from our more experienced joiners who are all committed to their trade and T J Ross, our Company. We carefully combine traditional joinery skills and techniques with modern materials to produce top of the range joinery including sash and case windows, timber conservatories, exterior and interior doors and custom cabinets.
The TJ Ross buying process
Here is a quick overview of how we work with our customers to ensure we give you a great product and excellent customer service:
- You contact us and provide basic information that will enable us to prepare a quote.
- If it is a large or unusual project or bespoke cabinet or timber feature, one of our experienced designers will visit your home to discuss the project and if required sketch out your ideas.
- We will prepare a budget cost for you based on the information provided.
- If you accept our budget cost, a member of our team will visit you to take manufacturing sizes so that we can provide you with a Fixed Price Quotation.
- You accept the Quotation and pay the required deposit.
- We come and take exact sizes, create templates, and if it is a bespoke furniture or cabinetry item, finalise the finer details with you.
- We manufacture/hand craft your window/door/cabinet… to your chosen finish. (PS: You can visit us and see your timber product being made by one of our craftsmen at any time during the manufacturing process).
- We phone a week or two before it is ready and arrange a date and time that suits you to come and install your new wooden windows, doors or timber feature.
- We arrive, cover all areas with dust sheets, move any of your heavy furniture and install your new timber product.
We'd love to work with you and between our top of the range joinery and exemplary service we're sure you won’t be disappointed. But don't just read about us. Why not visit our workshop where you can experience first-hand our attention to detail and the quality of our craftsmanship.
Call now on 01337 860318 and let's get started.